Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ugh -- Switching Blogs...

So, Posterous is out. Done. Game over. I'd say "finished" but that is based on the presumption that they had something to complete or a goal that has been accomplished. I argue that they did not. So they simply quit.

I know... I know. We all saw this coming back when they announced they were acquired by Twitter. I just wished that it has lasted a little longer. The truth that is so hard to swallow here is that I liked Posterous -- I really did! I recommended them to numerous people and placed it way above other platforms for a variety of reasons. I feel like I lied...

The result of it all settles on two outcomes... 1) I have to switch my stuff over to something else. I pay for my own domain lawrencebruce.us so that I can share it easily, but do I want to purchase a hosting service and Wordpress it (I don't really like Wordpress) or something like that, or do I bank on something like Blogger. I haven't been here in a while, and even though I have many posts here, it's only because Posterous sent them here for cross-posting. It's not like there are many visitors here...

Anyway. 2) is that I feel like I lied. I got caught putting too much bank on a service that was ephemeral just like everything else. Who knows, maybe Blogger will die off due to low use just like Google does from time to time (Reader...).

Just thought I'd share. That's what this is all about, right?

No comments: